2010-01-25

Exam Wednesday...

Today we talked about colloids a little and reviewed for the exam. I problem came up that I made a mistake on, but it wasn't the mistake I thought it was. We went through a quick osmotic pressure problem with approximately 1M MgCl2 in water and the answer I calculated on the board was around 74atm. That answer is correct. I was thinking about a vapor pressure problem that someone had asked about, and for a solution to have a vapor pressure of 74atm would be just goofy, at least under any reasonable conditions. An osmotic pressure of 74atm is also pretty high, but that's an indication of just how strong a force osmosis can be.

Because of the university closing, tonight's SI exam review session has been cancelled. If you have questions, feel free to email me, I will answer to the blog.

Stay warm, stay safe, and enjoy(?) the snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment