2011-10-28

Heat, heat, heat...

Today we went through some more enthalpy/heat transfer problems.  We also went through a problem that demonstrated Hess' Law; for a multi-step process, the sum of the enthalpies for all the steps should equal the enthalpy of the whole process.  We've actually been using Hess' Law the whole time we've been looking at enthalpy, but we didn't formally call it Hess' Law.

If you have questions, email me.  I have a few other things going on this weekend, but I will do my best to post answers to the blog ASAP.  If you need to take Monday's exam at an alternate time and have not yet talked to me, please check in either by email or in person before Monday.

And most importantly, take a break or two over the weekend.  The weather is supposed to be quite nice, so take a little walk around the block for a study break.  Volleyball is home tonight and tomorrow and football is home this weekend.

3 comments:

  1. I find that this post has been very helpfull, kepp it up! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you going to post the answer keys for exam 3 for the 2008 and 2009 exams?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey all!
    I have been uploading lecture notes for this semester and I just completed a study guide for our upcoming exam. Lecture notes are $0.50 and study guides are $2.00.

    The direct link for the study guide is:
    http://www.notehall.com/document/profile/id/265911

    I will be uploading notes for the remainder of the semester so if you are ever looking for a little extra studying material, check out Notehall.com.

    Happy studying!

    Amber

    ReplyDelete