2023-08-22

Daily Updates

 As we begin a new semester and I think about ways to most effectively communicate with my students, I think I'm going to try and return to something that I used to do a long time ago. Once upon a time, every day after my Gen Chem class, I would use "the bird app" to post a recap or highlights of class that day. It was a fun challenge for me because (at the time) each post was limited to 140 characters, and I liked trying to distill a days worth of topics into just a few 140-character posts.

Now that the bird app has changed so much, I don't really want to use it for anything substantial, but why not use one of my existing platforms to try and do the same thing? Without the 140-character limit, I'm a little anxious that I'll launch into long, rambling posts that will not be as effective as those short blurbs, but that will be a good challenge for me.

So starting with tomorrow's class, I will be posting recaps of my General Chemistry lectures each day that we have class. To try and organize them and make them a little more search-friendly, I'll tag them with #DrBodwinChem150. That's the plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment